Thursday, June 11, 2009

Asphalt Universe

This picture takes me back in time like a mofo. This was me 26 or so years ago in Greenwich Village (actually this is a young boy in Venice Beach), free and easy, rolling on my belly, frolicking in the midday sun. Long before it was uncool to superman on your board, before you needed to know tricks and look the part, ripped jeans and a pair of Vans on your feet. This pic takes me back to when I knew nothing of the world besides doing what I loved for only the pure joy of doing it. When I still thought growing up was cool but a distant spec on the horizon. It didn't matter who saw me or who snapped a pic, who cared or who didn't. Getting lost in what you love and the background fading away is what made me young and kept things fun and fresh. As I have grown I have realized I forget to live in the moment, paralyzing myself with worry and concern when I should really stop and enjoy my time here on earth, like this little guy blazing accross the asphalt universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment