Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Solid Gold

If I was made of solid gold, never fear, growing old, need not worry going broke, surely slowing, slowest poke, heavy and a burden bearing, all that glitters when preparing, letting all who see be dazzled, deep inside I have unraveled, friends will come, all will go, from hand to hand, from high to low, locked away, far too long, forget the feel of sunlight strong, If I were made of solid gold, I would out live the loves I hold, I would be mostly all alone, wealth and beauty to behold, from dust I came and dust return, I must be one with all I burn, melt away and flow through veins, until I reach my home again, waiting for a chance to see, the light of day has ceased to be, If I was made of solid gold, my wish would be, flesh and bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment